1) Why am i getting HP cartridges error?
Sundata recommends that you keep your printer firmware updated, and some cartridge errors can be fixed by updating. To see how to update your printer firmware, please call our customer service line at 03 xxxxxx
2) Where can i buy ink HP cartridges?
Purchase replacement cartridges and other supplies from Sundata and we will provide the best HP solutions for your needs. Fill in your details and we will get a representative to contact you shortly
3) What HP cartridges work for my HP printer?
The cartridge number for your printer is listed on a sticker inside the cartridge access door. Your printer may look different, but if you open the cartridge access door, you should find a sticker with the cartridge numbers printed on it. If you still find any problems, fill in your details and we will get a representative to contact you shortly
4) Why are my printing jobs stuck in printing queues?
If you are experiencing intermittent print spooler service errors that are causing print jobs to fail, please run Windows update on your computer to get the latest in Windows updates. If you need more help, fill in your details and we will get a representative to contact you shortly
5) My Wi-Fi settings changed on a printer I have been using, and I need to reconnect it?
A range of issues can impact your printer’s wireless connection. We will guide you through the possible HP solutions. Please fill in your details and we will get our representative to contact you shortly.
6) I want to set up faxing on a HP printer I have been using
In order to use an HP fax product, you need to have landline connection for the unit to work through. If you do not have a land line to connect the fax to you will not be able to use the fax functionality of the printer and will need to seek out a fax alternative, such as eFax, or a similar service.If you need more help, fill in your details and we will get a representative to contact you shortly
7) Why does my printout look bad?
If you are having issues on your printouts based on color or black ink not printing, documents with blurred, missing or fuzzy text, ink streaks or smears, and other print quality problems, please fill in your details and we will get a representative to contact you shortly
8) Why doesn't my HP printer maintain its wireless connection?
Restart the router and printer to resolve any connectivity error states. If problem persists, please fill in your details and we will get representative to contact you shortly
9) How come my HP Printer is printing so slow?
Resetting the HP printer can resolve some types of slow printing issues.
- With the HP printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
Recommended to plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
Try to print. If the issue persists, please fill in your details and we will get a representative to contact you shortly
10) Why am i not able to scan through my HP printer?
If you’re unable to scan, the problem is either a software issue or a connection issue. Try resetting and ensure your WI Fi is on, if the issue persists, please fill in your details and we will get a representative to contact you shortly
11) What if scanning functions no longer work?
Step 1: Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor
Step 2: Uninstall any HP printer software
Step 3: Reinstall the latest driver from the HP website
Step 4: Restart the computer and the printer
Step 5: Scan with a scanning app
12) Why buy original HP toner cartridges?
Count on professional-quality documents when you use Original HP printer ink to deliver dependable performance, consistent page yields, and standout results.
13) What constitutes a counterfeit print cartridge?
Counterfeiting in the printing supplies business means the manufacturing, refilling or remanufacturing (‘reman’) of a print cartridge with the intention to market it in a way which suggests that it is an original brand name product when this is not the case. This usually involves putting a reman/refill into into a box that closely resembles genuine HP packaging, which can deceive customers into paying a higher price, believing the print cartridge to be a legitimate, original HP product.
14) When should customers become suspicious that they may have bought counterfeit products?
HP has very high quality standards for all products, including printing supplies. Original HP printing supplies are always delivered new – never refilled or remanufactured – and usually come in unopened, high quality packaging. Therefore, the following indicators might point to counterfeit products:
- The print quality of a print cartridge is poor and/or inconsistent.
- Printing supplies are delivered in packaging that appears to have been tampered with or the packaging is of poor quality.
- Print cartridges are covered with toner dust or ink or they leak inside the printer.
- The print cartridge fails – the failure rate of a counterfeit product is extremely high.
- The yield of a print cartridge (number of possible printouts) is very low.
15) Which original HP products carry a security label?
All original monochrome HP LaserJet and HP Color LaserJet print cartridge boxes carry an HP security label in every country in the world, but not every inkjet print cartridge carries a security label. In fact, in the Europe, Middle East & Africa region, most original HP inkjet print cartridge boxes in Western Europe do not feature an HP security label, while in Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, most HP inkjet boxes do have the label. For details of when to expect a label on HP inkjet print cartridge boxes sold in this region, please refer to the ‘Check your Purchases’ Info Sheet that is available for download.